APSI COVID Practices and Procedures
We are all understandably concerned about COVID-19 and are monitoring the situation closely. Please know that APSI is committed to providing a safe environment for our patients, visitors, and colleagues.
Daily we practice all CDC and OSHA standards of rigorous infection control.If you are sick, have fever or symptoms of respiratory illness, such as coughing or difficulty breathing or have possibly been in close contact with a person that was confirmed with COVID-19 please do not visit the office/surgery center for a procedure or for any other reason. Please call to reschedule your appointment.To ensure the safety of all patients, please do not bring any ill visitors with you to your appointment or into the surgery center. Practice good hygiene habits and self-care measures to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases. Here are a few helpful tips:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands often, using either soap and water or alcohol-based hand gel for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Austin Plastic Surgery Institute Appointment Procedures
- When making an appointment to visit our offices patients will be asked COVID screening questions.
- Once the patient has cleared the screening they will be scheduled for their appointment.
- Upon arrival to their scheduled appointment patients are to call from their vehicle or the building lobby to check in to ensure their room is ready.
- APSI is thoroughly disinfecting rooms and surfaces to prepare for patients between appointments.
- Once the room is ready the patient is advised to enter the building where we have a hand sanitizing station set up for their use.
- Next patients will go to the second floor where their provider will meet them at the screening table for temperature and consents.
- Patients MUST wear a facial mask or covering to enter our facility.
Office purchases or fees will be processed by contactless check out.